Thursday 24 July 2008

Feeling better

Feeling better and much more positive today. Still got the cough and pain but somehow able to cope with it more. Must be the happy pills starting to work.
First day of the school holidays today! Wonderful hot weather.
Managed to cycle to the shops and back with Christopher (first time either of us have been able to do this) Christophers bike riding is really coming along. Hes desperate to ride his bike to school so maybe in September we will be able to ride together. I was a bit wobbly but managed to do it -got a very bruised bottom now though as the saddle on my bike is very hard! - ouch!
Then spent the rest of the morning on a sun lounger enjoying the sun.
My GP came to see me at home and we had a good chat. He thinks the cough is an Upper respiratory infection which will get better by itself. He also said to ring him next week if I havent had my appointment through for the bone scan and he will chase it up. Determined to get it sorted before i go on holiday.
In the afternoon my mum came over and we all went swimming. Christopher is swimming like a little fish now. He 's dipping and diving under water and really doing well. Very proud of him!
Mum stayed for dinner -we had gorgeous shrimp linguine.
In all a lovely day was had by all - hope the rest of the school holidays are as good as today has been

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So nice to hear you are feeling a little better, keep your chin up, Jools! Jeannette.

Unknown said...

Fabulous post Jools !!!!
So glad to hear that you are feeling so much better and positive. Enjoy the holidays with Christopher, (even I can't ride a bike now !! ha ha !!)
Elaine (Yummy)

Anonymous said...

You sound a bit brighter Jools. So glad the pills seem to be helping. Hope the rib pain is a bit better too - did you see my suggestion about shingles on the Delia site ? You never know, it could be as that is extremely painful and the pain can last for ages. Enjoy the sunshine with Christopher.
Love Merrie xxx

Unknown said...

This is a good turn for you Jools, positive and happy a very good mix. Bikes and I don't mix I usually falll off in a heap just when I want to be 'cool' ha.

Have a good one, lots of love. Lesley (Impi)

jaygirl said...

I have just found this blog, you write so well. I hope your rib pain is more bearable now. Enjoy the holidays with Christopher, get lots of practice in on those bikes....... and maybe buy a jelly seat, helps with sore bums,lol.

Rita XX

jaygirl said...

I see I have come up as Jaygirl,lol, I am Ritta on delia site. XX