Friday 1 August 2008

Ups and Downs

Been a real week of ups and downs
Some of the ups:
Sorting things out with my sister. I have to be honest that me and my sister Angela have never been really close and things had got worse since my diagnose. We had both recognised though that things can't go on as they have been so have really made an effort to talk honestly with each other and sort things out. I am really happy about this as think we will really move on and start to enjoy being in each others company more. A lot of tears have been shed between us but i think we've made a real start now the ''air'' has been cleared and several misunderstandings have been explained.
Spending time with Christopher -we've done lots this week -been to the zoo, cinema, swimming, park, played mini golf and paddling in the paddling pool. Its been great. We are both a bit tired today so taking it easy
I went to see Mamma Mia with my mum and sister. Even better seeing it a second time round. I sang lots and lots. Can't wait to see it with Andie in California. We had a great family meal before the cinema at Nandos which was lovely.Also managed to get some clothes shopping with mum and angela -its funny when we all go for the same top in Red Herring!
I also managed a girls night with Angela and my friend Maggie which was nice. Haven't done that for a while. We drank lots of rose wine and caught up with whats been happening.
Downs:
My lovely Macmillan nurse is leaving which is really upsetting for me. Chris has been a huge support to me. I am hoping her replacement is as wonderful. I hope i will be able to stay in touch with Chris
I finally got my appointment through for my Bone scan. Its going to be next wednesday 6th at 9am. I am facing a huge dilemma here as to whether i want to push to get the results before I go on Holiday. I feel I want to know as otherwise I will spend three weeks worrying but what if its bad news? Then we will have three weeks of misery. I have got till Tuesday to decide when Chris comes back.
My health has been up and down this week. The heat is not helping. I had a really bad turn at the zoo on wednesday and we had to cut our visit short. I came home and went to bed for two hours. Still got the rib pain and the cough. Nothing seems to help. May ring for an appointment on Monday. Pain hasnt been too bad but I am really tired. Hopefully will get a lay in at the weekend -even Chris slept in till 10.30 today!
I feel I am making progress and feeling more on top of things. I am so grateful to all my family and friends who i know are supporting me 100%. I can't always name all of you but you are appreciated - so muc!!!.
P.S thanks Saffy for the gel saddle for my bike. When I opened the parcel I laughed and laughed. Maybe I'll be able to ride my bike more than once a week now without it being too painful to sit down afterwards!!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Keep strong Jools, You are doing marvellously and we are all, (even though lots of us have never met), really rooting for you, if ever positive thoughts could be a healer now is the time.
Keep strong and focused.
Elaine (Yummy)
ps your Nanny's courgette cake recipe is now doing the rounds of Brittany !!

Anonymous said...

Jools, it`s your decision. I could say I would go for the results beforehand but it`s up to you. Please stay positive. There are loads of us here and on Delia sending you good vibes. It`s often the unknowing that is the worst. We are all behind you.

Karens Kitchen

Anonymous said...

I am with Karen . Rather know before I go away .Could not bear not too.Sound as if you are having a great holiday with Christopher . I am off to see Mamma Mia with my girlfriends on Thursday great recomendation you give it . Cyber hugs . Susan xx

Trekkie said...

I'd rather know as well. If it's bad news.....well, you'll cope, just like you cope with everything. If it's good, then you can go off on holiday and just relaxxxxxxx.

Lynn xxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Jools, so glad you have been able to sort things out with your sister. Sister's are very precious and I hope things stay good for you both. Re the bone scan, am with the others, would rather know before I went away. Still haven't seen Mamma Mia ! Have a lovely holiday, whatever you decide, and enjoy your time with the family.
Love and cyber hugs
Merrie xxx

Unknown said...

I think I agree that it might be a good idea to get the results before your holiday, I think if it was me I would like to know asap but I can see where you are coming from on not wanting to be unhappy on holiday if they don't come back as you hope. Keep strong and no matter what have a fantastic holiday.
Glad you and your sister have got things sorted I would hate not to be in touch or talking with my brothers.
You are amazing take care and hugs and kisses to you. XXX
Lesley aka Impi

Anonymous said...

Jools if you know then you know what you have to cope with - me - I'd rather not know. Your relationship with your sister is so important - I know because my relationship with mine isn't always great and I wish it was better. Just enjoy your holiday.
Dancer on delia