Wednesday 9 July 2008

Hello

Well this is my first post. A very dear friend of mine recommended I try doing this. I hope that it will be helpful not just for me but for my friends and family who I know are having a hard time dealing with this whole c****y situation. I hope it will be theraputic for me and also keep everyone updated with situation. I want to start by Thanking a few people for their help this past year. Obviously Gordon and Chris who I love very much, My Mum and Dad (but especially Mum) for coming over and helping me out with chores and housework. My friends Caroline and Jenny for keeping my freezer stocked with food. My friends and neighbours Judith and Marcel for looking after Chris and taking him to school. Also thanks to Andie for encouraging me to blog! To everyone else not mentioned as there are a lot of you i post this poem which says what I often struggle to find the words to say

As I Look Back
Author Unknown
As I look back on my life
I find myself wondering.............
Did I remember to thank you
For all that you've done for me?
For all of the times you were by my side to help
me celebrate my successes and accept my defeats?
Or for teaching me the value of hard work, good judgement, courage and honesty?
I wonder if I thanked you for the simplest things..............
The laughter, smiles and quiet times we've shared?
If I've forgotten to express my gratitude for any of these things,
I am thanking you now
and I'm hoping that you've known all along how much you are loved and appreciated.

Love you all xxxxx

4 comments:

Andie, Phil & Boys said...

A great start to your blog Jools x x x

Anastasia said...

iunHi Jools , I have just read your blog , & whilst I was aware that you were not well , I had no idea that you are so ill.
I can only hope , & pray that a miracle will happen.
I will look in each day to see how you are.
I live in Bucks , so am wondering am I anywhere near you ?
Love to you ,
Anastasia XX

Unknown said...

Dear Jools, What an inspiration you are to us all, anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer, such as myself, can appreciate to a great extent what you have experienced, but the fact that we are able to reply to your posts means that we are still here to do so and therefore have survived this hideous disease.
I realise that it must be very difficult to do but please try and keep positive for your family. My thoughts are with you all at this very difficult time and I send you love and encouragement.
Yummy (DoL) xxx

Unknown said...

Jools, here is a poem that I wrote for my sister when she died suddenly of a Brain Tumour, It brought a lot of comfort to her children, and also to me to write down the words, I hope that you get comfort from these words too.

Always

Do not weep for me my darlings
For I cannot be there to comfort you,
But know that I am always with you;

With the sun’s warmth I will embrace you,
And with a raindrop or snowflake I will kiss you.

In the dry leaves of autumn I will tread softly by your side
And by gentle running streams you will hear my laughter.

I will be in every grain of sand that slips through your fingers
Reach out your hand and touch me, for I will be in the air that surrounds you.

Look to nature and there you will find me…..……always.

Yummy (Elaine)