Tuesday 22 July 2008

What do I do now?

Well I spent a very long and tiring day at the hospital yesterday. First appointment was in the Lymphodema clinic. Good news there is that the lymphodema in my arm has decreased. We discussed ordering compression bras to help with the lymphodema in my breast as thats still the same. I then dashed into town to get Christophers school uniform. As usual the shop was sold out of most things so hopefully they will come in before I go on holiday (you'd think they would anticipate mums coming in and have plenty of stock!!)

Then back to see the consultant. She was running an hour late so sat and waited and waited. Finally got seen. I explained about the pain in my ribs and how bad it was. She said the best thing would be to go off for more xrays. So went and had those done -had xrays taken of my hip and ribs. Then went back to be seen again by the consultant. Xrays are all clear. Good news is that my hip was not damaged in any way by the fall downstairs at Mirjanas and that it has not deteriorated since February. Ribs also clear. She said she would arrange for me to have a bone scan to check further so I am hoping that the appointment will come through before we go away on holiday.
So yes its really good news that the xrays are clear but still no explanation as to why i am in so much pain. It really hurts to breathe and I can't lie on my side at all. My cough has got worse -i spent most of last night awake coughing. Also kept Gordon awake as well but as usual he's been so good. My BC Nurse is starting a new secondary cancer group tomorrow. I was looking forward to going but dont feel well enough to go. I'll have to start that in September. My Macmillan nurse thinks that I have a chest infection so am seeing the Doctor on Thursday.
Thank goodness its the last day of term tomorrow. Really looking forward to Christopher being off school and spending time with him. Also only 21 sleeps till we go on holiday. We are all looking forward to getting away from stress and pressure.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jools I really hope they get to the bottom of the pain in your ribs it can't be nice being in pain all the time. You are such an inspiration to anyone who is going through any sort of major illness, I take my hat off to you.
Good that all the x-rays are clear, maybe a pain nurse would be able to get to the bottom of it?
Good luck to you and hope you have a wonderful holiday, you deserve it. : )