Thursday 15 January 2009

Results

Well i have been to the Hospital today for the results of my scan
To be honest I don't know whether to be happy or not.
Scan shows still possible spread to chest and there is definately something there. The positive thing is that it is growing very slowly -only 1mm in three month so from 5mm to 6mm wide. Oncologist is very upbeat and positive and is going to monitor me every three months. She says she will not be worried until it gets bigger than 1cm which will then indicate an aggressive tumour.
So I am happy that I don't have to have any treatment for the time being but still feel like i am in limbo. I don't feel that I can move on but maybe it is just that I am feeling a little low. Gordon is over the moon and is so happy so why can't I be happy too?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have been thinking of you jools since the New Year knowing that this was on the horizon for you. Hope it will sink in before long and that you and your family can celebrate accordingly. Am just over half way thru my chemo, on tax now and feel rough-am on some mega strength antibiotics cos had a horrible cough, cold etc last week. An awful lot of cold bugs about. Take care,
janjam (DOLer)

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you too, and I am sure I would feel the same as you do. But it wasnt all bad news, so try and hold on to that and stay positive. You are an inspiration to anyone else who is suffering. Take care
Trish (Herts) (DOL)

Anonymous said...

I think it was great news but fully understand your feeling of being unsure. I also agree you need to stay positive and I am sure once you have had time to really think about it you will be happy and smiling again.

dippykate said...

It's so hard. I can understand why you're not as happy as Gordon. You're still left in limbo. It's brill that it has hardly changed though so try to hold onto that bit and keep trying to distract yourself till next scan or whatever they are planning.
Thinking of you
Kate