Saturday 10 January 2009

ILL

Well i was right. On Friday afternoon I went downhill so quickly. Everything that I either ate or drank from lunch time onwards I threw up.Felt rotten. I eventually fell asleep at 9pm and went into a really deep sleep for an hour and a half till 10.30pm. I managed to eat a slice of toast and keep it down but then struggled to sleep for the rest of the night. I had taken a sleeping pill but threw it up so wasn't able to take another one as I wasn't sure how much of the dose I had absorbed. It seemed every hour i woke up and tossed and turned. Wasn't sick in the night thank goodness.
This morning i managed to keep down a boiled egg and some soup so hopefully the sickness part is over and done with. My throat though feels like broken glass and I have an awful cough. Not great timing as have a four hour rehearsal tomorrow with the Operatic society. We are very short on top sopranos so need to be in top form. Have been drinking lots and taking lemsips and strepsils so hopefully that will be enough. Also dosed myself up with a lovely meal of lamb, mashed potato and thick gravy followed by homemade jam roly poly with custard. I love that kind of food especially when it is cold outside. Am going to bed early hopefully to get a good nights sleep and that i will feel better tomorrow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Jools, hope you are well on the way to getting better now.
Love and hugs xx