Monday 5 January 2009

Scared

Well its the night before my scan. I am really scared at what it may find. Before christmas it didn't seem to bother me too much as i had christmas to concentrate on. But now thats all over the enormity of it all has come crashing back down on me. I am not looking forward to it. Ct scans are horrid.Due to budget cuts they have reduced the flavours of the barium drink to really horrid ones. I know for a fact that it will take at least four attempts for the staff to find a vein to inject into. I know i will end up arguing with them as they will insist on using my ''cancer'' arm even though we both know they shouldn't. I also hate the ''flushing'' bit at the end of the scan which makes you feel that you have wet yourself (the first time i had one noone told me this would happen and I actually thought that I had)Just an hour and a half of getting upset and stressed
Then having to wait a week for results.Don't know why but keep thinking that its going to be bad news. My scans always are. Just will have to keep busy at all times.
I shall miss having Chris around -he's back to school tomorrow. I have really enjoyed spending time with him -he's growing up so fast and I am so proud of the way he helps me out with jobs and takes care of me.
Will report back when i get back from the hospital -wish me luck please!

4 comments:

Trekkie said...

Fingers crossed dearheart.

When do you find out the results? 5 days? Does that include the weekend?

Anonymous said...

will have everything crossed for you sis xxx

Unknown said...

Hi. I've been following your blog since I linked to it from another site a few months ago. But, I have never posted before. I was a breast cancer researcher (my research focused on the neurocognitive side effects of treatments) before becoming a mom to three young children. I will be thinking of you and wish you as comfortable and stress-free experience as possible. It sounds like you've had some bad experiences with the technicians who operate the CT and/or MRI. Don't be afraid to stand up to them. You know your body much better than they do! I'll be sending positive and healing thoughts your way. Hopefully, the next week will pass quickly and you will get good news soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Jools, Happy New Year, and I hope it is a good one for you. Thinking of you today and hoping for an excellent result after your scan. During the last 12 months you have been an inspiration to us all, keep positive.
Love Elaine (Yummy) x