Friday 9 January 2009

Tired and Scared

I think the title of this post says it all. I feel totally exhausted this week . I don't have the energy to do anything so spending most of the time wrapped in a blanket either lying in bed or on the sofa. Woke up this morning with a throat that felt like broken glass. Looks like I am going down with the bug that everyone else has had. Finding it hard to swallow and coughing lots. Its very icy outside so walking Christopher to and from school is a huge effort for me. I so am frightened of falling over and hurting my hip. I am stuggling with my pain control at the moment. It seems once again to be out of control and what i am taking doesn't seem to be as effective as it was before Christmas. I have taken some more oramorph this morning which has made me a bit drowsy so will go to bed for a while, whilst Chris is at school.
I seem to be very close to tears most of the time. I am being very irritable and I know that I am very hard to live with at the moment. I seem to be flying off the handle constantly and picking fights with Gordon on the silliest little things. I think its because deep down I am so scared that its going to be bad news next week. In fact I am convinced it will be. I am so greatful that he is always there for me no matter what. Also my Mum, Dad and Sister. You guys are my rocks and the wind beneath my wings xxx

2 comments:

Angelzz said...

that brought a tear to my eye sis, love you loads and loads xxxx

Anonymous said...

Dear Jools
We don't know eachother but I am a DOL addict and love reading the posts and picking up tips and recipes from those who all seem so experienced in the kitchen!
I am full of admiration for you - before christmas and this bug your energy levels never ceased to amaze me and pretty much everyone I know, including our family, have had one bug or another - let's just say I don't want to see another diced carrot for a while!
Our family have had to deal with similar things to those you are going through and if you would ever like to chat by email, you can find my deatils in my DOL profile.
Keep under that duvet, keep warm and positive and don't loose your sense of humour!
Donna x