Thursday 30 October 2008

Half term

Wow what a busy week we have had so far!. Been having a lovely half term with Christopher
Monday we went to Portsmouth for the day with my neighbour and her little boy who is the same age as Chris. When we got there I couldn't believe the queues to get into the dockyard but soon got through. Chris and his mate loved running around HMS Warrior and HMS Victory. They also liked the audio commentary about the Mary Rose as they have recently been studying the Tudors at school. They finished up the day by going up a climbing wall. I was very tired when I got home. Chloe had been clipped whilst I was out and the lady had accidently clipped her ear so there was blood everywhere in the kitchen. Managed to get hold of her and pop a bandage round her head -she looks a bit mummified -perfect for halloween (although she doesn't think so).Watched some zombie big brother drama on the telly with Gordon and scared myself silly -I am a real wimp when it comes to tv!
Tuesday Chris went off to the zoo for the day with his nanny. He was so excited!!. I ran around getting some more christmas presents and got some rugs to cover up the iron mark (so cross!!!) Finished off by decorating the house for the halloween party
Wednesday we had an all day halloween party.Great excitement waking up and seeing the snow!! Christopher and my neighbours son Phillip invited 4 of theirfriends over from 10-4. We started off with carving pumpkins which the kids loved. We then moved on to craft making and they made dangling spiders, fridge magnets and halloween decorations. Then we went over to my neighbours house where we had laid a scavenger hunt in the garden. We had printed rhyming clues for the kids to solve and find 8 different things. Then we had lunch -pizza and hotdogs yum!!. Felt more fresh air was needed so took them first to one park so they could go on the scateboard and bmx rank and then over to another proper play park. They all had scooters so they enjoyed racing each other. Then back to the house for messy games. We did apple bobbing, doughnuts on a string, chocolate in flour and bugs and eyeballs in jelly. Gross but the kids loved it. We finished the party with a halloween film.(this also meant me and my neighbour could sit down and have a much needed cuppa!!) Kids really enjoyed themselves and I was so glad that Christopher was able to have something ''special'' -I think they will be talking about this party for quite some time!
Today I took Chris to yoga. I was really nervous about taking him but he was excellently behaved and did really well trying out all the exercises. Then lunch at Burger King as a reward and then we met up with friends to go to the cinema
When we got home we sorted out our halloween costumes for tomorrow nights spooky walk!
Have really enjoyed spending time with Christopher this week -he is growing up so fast which makes the time we have together so precious. He has been really good this week as well and we have had lots of hugs and quality time spent together

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely week you have had, times are very special spend with children, the excitment on their faces is just wonderful.
I don't know how you do all this, I would be completely knackered after just one day let alone a week!!
Keep smiling and have a great weekend. : )

Anonymous said...

Golly Jools, I feel exhausted just reading about your wonderful week. So glad you sound upbeat...have a lovely weekend.
Love Merrie