Sunday 19 October 2008

Ambers Birthday

Just wanted to say again how much the comments that you are all leaving mean to me. I feel so honoured to have so much support from family and friends. Please keep them coming as they really help especially on my grey days
Today was my neice Ambers birthday party. My sister and brother in law put on a wonderful party -they hired a hall and all the kids came in fancy dress. It was great. Angelas brother in law is a magician so there was a magic show. I was really nervous about facing people but put my chin up, smiled and found that it was ok.
After the party the whole family went out for dinner. I had taken some really strong painkillers on an empty stomach so was feeling very queasy. Fortunately we were served quickly.
Its been a wonderful day. The lack of sleep though is really getting to me as I am totally exhausted. I had successfully weaned myself off my sleeping pills before this week but have needed to start taking them again otherwise my nights are just sheer hell.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cant stop thinking about you , Hope you manage to sleep.
love Anastasia XX

Anonymous said...

Love, hugs and good thoughts are coming your way, keep strong you are amazing. : )

Impi (Lesley) DOL

Shanna said...

Julie~ I found your blog on Kay Bratt's blog. I hope you don't mind me posting a comment :D
My mom was diagnosed with BC in 06, EVERY SINGLE times she goes for check up, scan, blood work, you name it...... there is some question!! SHE FREAKS OUT and rightly so. They have her come back or wait "a couple of months", and it is nothing short of torture. BUT she has yet to receive anything but positive news after the hell that the doctors have put herself through. I know this all too well, just last week (after her mamogram) she was told there was "something" detected. On Friday, that "something" was scar tissue. Praise be to God!
I can't wait to see the post where you find out that, in fact, you are just fine.
Hugs to you~
Shanna

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

Hi Julie!
I'm sorry to hear about your cancer. Cancer is such an ugly disease. You have every right to feel all of the emotions that you are feeling...it is very scary. Julie, I will be praying for you every day. God can and does work miracles. Keep the faith and hold on to hope.
Hugs from St. Louis!
-Robin
"Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see" Heb. 11:1

Anonymous said...

Jools - can't believe what happened at the hospital. It's so awful that they can't do these scans closer together - having to wait three months to find out is sheer hell. I hope your sleep improves as that must make things worse. Am sending lots of love and cyber hugs... can't begin to imagine what you're going through and am SO grateful I don't have to. My mother died of pancreatic cancer when she was 40 and I was 6...the very worst thing is that I don't have any memories of her at all as I obviously blocked them out. Such a horrible disease.

Trekkie said...

Just checking in Jools and I'm so glad you had a good time at Amber's party. I'm with Jo - making people wait so long is ridiculous.
Big hug.

Anonymous said...

Sending Love & Hugs, keep thinking positive.
My SIL is treading a similar path at the moment awaiting results to see if she can start chemo.

Love
Sheila xx (Tabby DOL)

Anonymous said...

So glad the party went well and that you felt able to cope with meeting the family. The sleep thing is tiresome for you tho, can you get a nap during the day. I know there is nothing worse than lying awake at night ... the thoughts whirl in your brain .... Sending you much love and hugs.
Merrie xxxxx

Unknown said...

Jools, enjoy every moment when you are awake, re-charge every moment when you are asleep, and then start again until you are well. Look forward to the future with hope, Look back to yesterday as another one beaten and a little bit stronger to carry on for your family.
Love from
Yummy