Sunday 26 October 2008

Weekend

Not much to report -its been a quiet weekend catching up with chores. Yesterday I caught up with housework and cooked a lovely stuffed loin of pork with roast potatoes, parsnips, mashed swede and brussels. Yum! Served with my homemade apple mint jelly. We also went on a 2 hour walk around our village -poor Chloe(the dog) could hardly walk at the end of it. She's 16 years old and very arthritic
Gordon and Chris stayed up watching a film but I was tired so went to bed
Today we were supposed to go to Beaulieu with my family but weather was awful so we cancelled. Shame as I was looking forward to it. Had a lovely lay in and then we went out to do some more Christmas shopping.
In the afternoon Gordon and Christopher carved pumpkins whilst I did some ironing. So cross th0ugh -was obviously getting tired but silly me totally ignored the signs and I knocked the iron onto the carpet. So now we have a lovely iron mark on our loung carpet. Gordons had a go at trying to strim it but its still there. I am soooo cross
Had a curry fest for dinner -delicious!, Korma, Bhuna and masala with rice, naan, bhajis and pakoras. Washed down with lots of cobra!
Hope the weather is better tomorrow -need to get out with Christopher so he can burn off some of his excess energy!.
Now Back to scrubbing the carpet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jools you sound quite upbeat on this post. I do hope that you feel it. Shame about the rain yesterday, and also the carpet ! Not sure how you can remedy that except if you have a spare bit of carpet cut round the shape of burn and replace with spare carpet. Hugs.
Love Merrie xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Jools, glad you have had a good weekend, (albeit the carpet incident). A friend swears by using a razor blade to "shave gently " any burnt bits off carpets and car upholstery, do it very gently and it takes off the melted bit and allows the underneath to bounce back up. I have never done it myself so can't give you any personal feedback.
Yummy