Saturday 1 November 2008

Weekend

Can't believe the weekend is here again -this week has flown by.
Last night was the Spooky Walk in aid of St Michaels hospice. The hospice has been really good to me -i go there once a week for complementary therapy which really relaxes and chills me out. I also go there to see the Dr as she is fantastic in breaking down my fears and sorting my head out. Its also the place where eventually I want to die so its in my best interests to raise as much money for it as I possibly can. The walk is a new idea for fundraising and was held in Basingstoke War memorial park. We got there at 6 and registered. At 6.30 the walk began. Of course we had forgotten to bring a torch so Christophers glow stick necklace and my neices pumpkin lamp came in handy as parts of the walk were very very dark. It was great -every so often along the walk there was a marshall with sweets to give to the children. There was also a story teller reading from Roald Dahls revolting rhymes.
I was really proud that the three of us got interviewed by the local paper as our costumes were so good! Photos will appear here shortly
Today has been a lazy day -i didn't even get dressed till noon -Mum and dad popped round to see us and we were still in bed. Am feeling very achy and in a bit of pain from last nights walk. Christopher is also not well -he has a temperature and a headache.
Was just sitting relaxing when the phone went -we had forgotten to go round to our friends for a dinner party...Oops!!!. Explained we were not well but felt awful for forgetting (not like me at all!!!). The day finished with watching a firework display from our bedroom window -why go out and pay for displays when you can watch at home for free!!. Now got to persuade Chris to go to bed -I hope he is feeling better in the morning

No comments: