Wednesday 13 August 2008

Sunny California

Well here I am typing from Sunny California!
Flight was its usual endurance marathon. One of the stewardess spotted me in my lymphodema sleeve and started telling me about her cancer journey. Its interesting to compare treatments in different countries. Over here they seem very keen to do masectomies rather than Lumpectomies. They also tend to do chemo through hickman lines or porthcaths. She was very eager to show me her porth cath scar (in the middle of the plane!!!) and was confused when I didn't have one to show her back as my chemo was always through my veins.
Its lovely to be here with Andie and Phil and family. the weather is 105 degrees - so its taking a bit of time to adjust to it. We stayed up as long as we could last night to try and get into sync so by the time we went to bed we had been up for 25 hours
Think its going to take a couple of days to get my energy levels so lots of rest days planned
Off to see Mamma Mia tonight (Fourth time). Apparently the americans who go to see it don't sing?? well they are going to get a shock tonight!
Hope i don't fall asleep in the middle!
Its good to be here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fantastic holiday Jools and enjoy Mama Mia, who cares how many times you see it, a great show.

Take care xx

Lesley (aka Impi)

Unknown said...

Give them your best voice Jools...loud and clear, show'em how it's done who knows you may set a trend !!
have a great time, all of you, you deserve it.
Elaine (yummy)