Saturday 9 August 2008

I'm not scared of tomorrow anymore

Had a lovely day at my sisters house. Gordon, my mum, Dad, brother in law Gareth, and my lovely grandad are building a playhouse for my niece. I stayed in and ''supervised" as I didn't want to risk getting a cold. Managed to finish holiday shopping -shoes for Christopher (groan) and stocked up on pet food for whilst we are away.

Still on a massive high from yesterday. It was so nice to talk with a member of the medical profession who was positive about my chance of survival. For once there was no negative talk -i.e you have secondary cancer and there is no cure. I feel that I have been given a really precious gift, something that I lost on May 31st last year. And do you know what that is?

It's HOPE!.

For the first time in over a year I am not scared of what tomorrow may bring.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull . Susan xxx

Unknown said...

An absolute joy to read your words,
Elaine xx

Unknown said...

What a wonderful outcome for you Jools, so glad to hear that you have found someone to talk this all through properly and honestly, it must make such a difference : ) keep positive and enjoy you holiday you really do deserve it. Take care.

Our friend who was diagnosed with lung cancer two months ago is not doing so well at the moment and is back in hospital again, he had thrush in his throat which made it very difficult for him to eat or drink which in turn messed up his diabetes and left him very dehydrated. He has had three loads of chemo and can't have the fourth until he is stronger. He has become so weak which is quiet frightening for him, they are giving him physio to help strengthen his muscles.

Good luck to you, stay positive, big hugs coming your way... : )

velagota said...

Jools- it's so good to hear your good news, well done you xx shelley (treehugger!)