Friday 8 August 2008

I'm a Film Star / Bone scan results!

my macmillan nurse had arranged for me to go to the local hospice today and meet the Pallative care Doctor. She thought it would be good for me to meet with her and have a 'getting to know you ' chat. When i turned up she explained that today they were making a film about the hospice and would I like to be filmed. Well no stopping me there! I was interviewed both by the Dr and the film guy on what I got out of the Hospice /how cancer has affected my life / and How I cope.
Was great fun to do -if it helps dispell the myth that hospices are just for old or the dying I am more than happy to do that. Camera man said he wished he could film me all day (blush!) cos I had no problems talking. So i'm a Film star!
Once he left I had a really good, long chat with the Doctor. Shes increased my pain medication and given me something else for my cough.. We talked about prognosis and she's really positive about my chances. Its such a relief to hear that from a Doctor. Not doom and gloom for a change!
She had managed to get my bone scan result and it was fine! No further spread so whatever is causing the rib pain -it sure isnt cancer!. The Doctor thinks that I have strained my ribs by coughing so much. Combined with rads trauma is the most likely explanation. I am sooo pleased and thrilled. Broke down in tears and gave her a big hug.
We talked about exercise, raising my energy levels and trying to loose weight. We've agreed to meet reguarly which is great news for me. So nice to find a dr who is so easy to chat to. My onc doesnt ever want to be bothered by emotions or tears she just deals in facts. I am pleased that I have someone else in the medical profession to talk to.
Very happy - will have a few glasses of wine tonight to celebrate. Can now go on holiday amd not worry. As long as I find time for a rest once a day I know that I am going to be fine

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful Jools. Any chance of us seeing the film? What is it's distrubution ? Have a great holiday escape rainy Britian.Susan xxx

Unknown said...

Wonderful, Wonderful news, I am thrilled for you and your family Jools.
Take time out for relaxation on your hols,although now you probably feel like you could take on the world !!!
Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

What a good job you decided to get the results, now you haven't got that hanging over your holiday.
My mum used to have a saying that I live by really..
"Today is the tomorrow you were worried about yesterday, and all's well". True in this case today eh..
Now go away all of you and have a really lovely time.
Love JennyMac merseyside

Heidimac said...

Jules, that's fab news! I'm so pleased for you :-) And a film star too eh? 2 happy events in one day :-) xxx

jaygirl said...

Who can't pick up on your good vibes, wow , I am so pleased for you, I hope you all have a fantastic holiday, god knows you all deserve it, go out there and ennnnnnnjjjjjjjoooooyyyyyyy. xxx

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad for you. Have a great holiday. Sheelagh x

Anonymous said...

Hurrah Jools. Am so glad you have found a lovely doctor to talk with. It will make such a difference for you. Glad too about the bone scan, and the reason for the pain. Hope you have a wonderful holiday and relax with your family.
Love Merrie xxx

Andie, Phil & Boys said...

Yay!!!!! That is the best news Jools. Can't wait to celebrate when you come over next week x x x x