Tuesday 5 August 2008

I'm not well!

Cough has been getting worse and worse over this past week. When I am having a coughing fit I literally can't breathe which then makes me panic. Vicious circle really. Today I was coughing so much it was making me sick so spent most of the afternoon in the loo. Went back to the Dr's as now desperate for some help. Couldn't see my usual GP which started me panicking but it was ok. He was really nice. I explained that I was flying in a weeks time and didn't feel well enough to. He's given me a course of antibiotics (size of Bullets!), a nasal spray and an inhaler. So blasting this dratted cough on three counts - i just hope it works. I need my energy and strength back to pack and get everything sorted
Think I might be going through the menopause which isn't helping. Lots of hot flushes which are driving me mad. Quite sad to be going through it at 36 but there you go just something else I have got to deal with. Its a very emotional thing for me and another thing to be bitter about. Cancer has taken away my choice of having more children (we would have liked more).
Its a week till we fly - just hope i get better in time!

4 comments:

jaygirl said...

Oh Julie I really hope the tablets zap your cough, what a time you are having of it. Thinking of you. XX

Unknown said...

Evening Jools, You might find that it is the Tamoxifen that is causing your hot flushes. I had the same problem, Flush lasting 5mins then another one ten minutes later, very tiring and debilitating. Have you spoken to your doctors about them. He may be able to give you something to help relieve the symptoms. It took two lots of tablets before I found something that helped.
I know it must be difficult but keep strong and focused,
Elaine x

Heidimac said...

Hi Jules, You will be fine in a week, I'm sure of it - then you can get on that plane and have a fabulous 3 weeks in California. Just take it easy and worry about the packing nearer the time. We'll have to sort a get together when you get back and you can tell me all about the fab time you had :-) xx

Anonymous said...

Hope the scan yesterday wasn't too onerous, Jools. I think they take a long time. Thought of you, and continue with prayers that you feel really well when you go on holiday. You deserve it.

xxBroomstick