Wednesday 31 December 2008

A time of reflection -to look forward..or back

We had a wonderful Christmas -was a bit like the feeding of the 5,000 at times as we seem to have had open house almost constantly since Christmas day. Got some wonderful presents and we all had a wonderful day. There wan't really day when we didn't have 7 or more people sitting round our table and I loved it. It felt like old times before all the gloom and depression started. It caught up with me yesterday though so ended up spending the day on my bed. It was as if once Christmas had passed the thought was ''what was all the fuss about and why did I get so stressed out about it?
And so to New Years Eve at last. When I look back on 2008 there were certainly some highs and lows but comparing it to 2007 definately more highs than lows. The fact that i wasnt having any treatment certainly helped and that I was in a better physical condition to cope with stuff. Could it be true? Have i finally reached the plateau on which I have been striving for? Am I starting to learn how to ''live with cancer'' I have certainly been a lot calmer recently and learning to live one day at a time. I am trying to stop feeling that I always have to be perfect. For example it doesnt matter if I take a bought pudding to a party. If it enables me to rest rather than tire myself out making something that is surely a good thing.One thing that I have learned is the value of friends and family. That just because I have cancer it doesn't make me less likeable or lovable. I am still the same person who likes having fun. And so I resolve for this coming year -whatever happens, good or bad to live one day at a time -the journey maybe a rocky one but I will carry on travelling it. There maybe times when I falter but i know there will be plenty of people to pick me up and guide me on my way.
Happy New Year to you all
xxx Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very Happy 2009 Jools . Onwards and upwards . My love to you and your family . Susan xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Good resolutions, Jools. All the very best for 2009.
Gerry
X