Monday 15 December 2008

Robbed

Have been having a really rough time recently. Not been well at all. I also am waiting to have a further ct scan to confirm whether my mets have spread. Currently have bone mets but last scan showed up a node in my chest. Having a scan early January to confirm/deny this. So its a really tense time in our house
We decided to get away from it all and go to Disneyland Paris for the weekend with Christophers godparents.
Well we were having a wonderful time going on rides, eating out in lovely restaurants. A real break from everything
But unfortunately I am not allowed to have a nice time anymore
On the Saturday evening some scum of the earth stole my purse and my sons wallet from my handbag. All my cards gone, our cash, driving licence, prescription exemption cert -ALL gone. Chris had his pocket money stolen -this is money which he had been saving for weeks to spend in the shopsplus money that his grandparents had given him to have a nice weekend
SPent the rest of the weekend searching, crying , asking people and of course having to cancel cards. The banks fouled up and cancelled all of our cards even Gordons. It was lucky we had friends with us who could lend us money as we were literally stranded with no money or any access to any
Have spent the day today running around sorting out the rest of cards, licence (off course a replacement one costs £17 with a credit/debit card -which I no longer have!!). Luckily we have some savings we can access with a passbook (card stolen) as we wont see any replacement ones before christmas
How can people do that to others? I feel violated by the whole thing that someone has access to my personal details (photocard driving licence has name/address/ dob on it)
I hope they get what they deserve -All this extra stress has not helped - I actually collapsed on the Saturday evening and even now feel rotten about it all. Have had migraine type headaches and stomach pains since Saturday and I know its because of the stress
All we wanted was a weekend away from all the stress and crap -why is this not possible for us. Its just not fair

3 comments:

Trekkie said...

Can I say what I wanted to say over on Delia? You can delete it, if you want.
What an effin' piece of scum, who will, hopefully, catch a horrible disease from whatever partner hasn't got enough taste to see that the sorry excuse for humanity shouldn't be allowed to mate and procreate. May their genitals shrivel and crumble to dust, and may they get bitten by a rabid dog - hold on, I like dogs, so I take it back - the dog would catch it from them.

Anonymous said...

Jools, as I have said on Delia, I am just so sorry that this has happened to you, as Trekkie says what an effin' piece of scum. I hope you soon get over this, I know it is a commonly used phrase but I do believe it - don't let the robber win the day by making you ill as well, rise above it and think of him simply as the rotten little insect he is. Then get on with your life with your friends and family to support you.
I do know how you feel, a few years ago now I went up to London to go Christmas shopping with my daughter, we had a wonderful day even went ice skating, on our return to her flat, as we opened the door we were confronted by two burglars who were actually in the flat, they barged past us knocking both my daughter and myself over, but not before I swung my shopping bag at one of them and hit him full square with it, made him drop what he had in his hands, unfortunately it broke the lovely Champagne flutes I had bought for Christmas day. My poor daughter had her laptop, phones, ipod, cd player and some other stuff stolen but at least in the bag he dropped were her passport and other personal items. Don't let the bastards win.
Hope you feel better soon, take care and love to you and the family xx : )

Anonymous said...

Jools..Don't take this personally. This happens to everyone. I had my purse stolen from my bag when I ws 8months pregnant with my daughter in M&S. They are opportunists who never miss a trick. The trouble is it is the little things that you miss.
The other time I had my purse taken was on an underground escalator in London. We had taken a school group to see the sights.
But, he was seen by one of the sixth formers, a big tough Liverpool lad, and he chased them. Gave him a thump and got my purse back. he picked the wrong one that day!! Told him off for picking on their teacher!
Shame your Disney trip was spoilt it is such fun at Christmas.
I do hope you enjoy a nice family Christmas. Love Jenny.