Tuesday 16 September 2008

Feeling rough

Been feeling rough this week. Sunday afternoon and evening I had really bad stomach cramps and then about 11pm i started getting hotter and hotter. Managed to get to the bathroom in time and was violently sick. Gordon was great passing me wipes and making me toast afterwards
Felt queasy the next morning and really tired.
Had to go to the lymphodema clinic -the nurses first words were ''You've put on weight''. Had a huge lecture about weight gain which I really didn't need to hear -i am trying to loose it!. She says the more i gain the less likely treatment will work for my lymphodema but it was the cancer treatment that made me put on weight in the first place!. The massage and compression bras are not working so the nurse wants to try Kinesio strapping. Basically my breast will be plastered with tape to force the fluid to drain. I hav to wear the strapping for 5 days at a time. Its a new proceedure for the clinic - the nurse said I would be the first. I was given a patch test and if ok am to go back on Thursday. I was hoping it would start to itch so I wouldn't have to have it but no such luck
Dashed back home for some lunch.Then back to the hospice for complementary therapy. I actually fell asleep which for me is most unusual. Must have been because i had such a disturbed night. Got another lecture about over doing things and cutting back on stress. She said that I must get people to do more things for me and not to cram too much into one day. Well i am not going to make Gordon start doing chores when he has just got in from work so guess I will have to try and spread jobs out over the week and see how i get on.
Very proud of Chris -he managed to cycle all the way to Beavers and back. Cross though as the leaders were '' too busy'' to test him. He's only got two more weeks left so they had better do it soon!
Feeling better today so me and my neighbour Judith went off to Ikea in Bristol for the day. Had a wonderful day. Got lots of bits for the kitchen and for Christophers room so very pleased. As always there was sooo much that I could have bought there! Car was full up to the roof.
Am very tired tonight but have an easy day planned for tomorrow

3 comments:

JennyMac said...

Gosh it makes me tired just reading your blog! you lead such a busy life.
I know what you mean about Ikea, I come back with all sorts from there but in my case it is things I think I can't do without, but when I get home I find I can actually. The attraction of Ikea for me though is the great big huge M&S next door! now I spend too much in there!
Glad you are feeling better today.
Love Jennifer Merseyside XX

Trekkie said...

Ikea........heaven on Earth.

Anonymous said...

Ikea - sorry HELL on earth

Sam (from worthing)