Sunday 8 March 2009

Veg Plot

Gordon and Keith painted my bedroom which looks wonderful. I also managed to get down to Ikea to buy some lovely accessories. The room is now a true sanctuary to me and I feel really chilled out when I am in it. I also bought an armchair to put in it so that visitors have somewhere to sit when they come to see me.
Usual busy week -I went into the infant school twice to get some idea of what the work will be like and I start officially on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.
Friday I went out to dinner with some friends from BAOS (Operatic society). We went out to remember our friend Carol who died suddenly last month. A few tears were shed as well as lots of alchohol!. On Saturday I went to Sing a Long a Hairspray with my neighbour Judith. We had a great time. We dressed up -I wore a full circle net petticoat, a navy skirt, navy checked blouse, pink cardy, pink scarf and headband. We laughed at Judith's daughter and her friend who had used toilet rolls to make their hair go into a bee hive. It was a great night -we were singing and dancing all evening. I was disappointed though that not many people dressed up -where were their sense of fun?
Have had a busy weekend in the garden. Last year we had a small vegetable plot and had quite a successful harvest. So this year we have decided to make a bigger plot -its now about 8 times the size of our original plot.Unfortunately the bad weather stopped us today from doing much so hoping for some nice days in the week so that I can get some more work done on the plot ready for planting. I am so grateful to Gordon who did most of the hard work doing the digging. He takes my dreams and makes them into reality

No comments: