Wednesday 12 November 2008

Been A while

Haven't posted to the blog for over a week as I have been feeling poorly. I can't seem to shake off the flu like symptoms that I have. I am also not sleeping well -i rarely fall asleep before 2am these days. I am trying not to take too many sleeping tablets but sometimes I get so desperate for a nights sleep. Its like I can keep the demons away in the day time by keeping busy but once I close my eyes at night they come back to haunt me. I am trying all that I can to tire myself out -i have upped my walking to a mile a day, have cut out caffeine at least 2 hours before bed and try to relax but some nights nothing works. A few of my online friends are either very poorly or or suffering from treatment failures They have become great friends to me so hope they pull through
One thing that really brightened last week was the arrival of a massive hamper from my DOL friends. Packed full of wonderful goodies, it was a wonderful surprise.
We had friends over at the weekend for dinner. Have been enjoying cooking so made some wonderful curries from scratch. The smell was amazing!
Looking forward to this weekend. Christopher is going to cub camp. Its the first time that he has gone away on his own. He's stayed overnight with family and friends so he should be ok. Been busy labelling all his clothes, teaching him how to wash and dry up (its not something that we do as we have a dishwasher) and reminding him to change his underwear.He's going to be doing some exciting things like rifle shooting and archery so he is very excited. Can't help worrying though -he might be 8 and almost as tall as me but he's still my baby.
As he is going to be away all weekend, Gordon and I are going away for a romantic weekend. Its so important to put the effort into a relationship, for so long whilst i was ill our relationship seemed to be more patient and carer rather than husband and wife. So looking forward to spenging time with him. We have a nice hotel booked so can't wait. Think its important to get away with him and let him have a break. I appreciate his support and love so much that he deserves a treat (better dig out the sexy nighty -LOL!!!)Will let you know how it went when we get back

2 comments:

Trekkie said...

Enjoy yourself at the weekend then and don't worry, Christopger will be fine!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are having a lovely weekend Jools. I expect Christopher is having the time of his life, and probably not bothering to change the underwear lol. I know you don't like taking the sleeping tablets, but if they get you off to sleep it is worth it. It will stop the thoughts whizzing round in your head.
Lots of love
Merrie xxx