Friday 8 January 2010

SNOW!

Wow...another heavy snowfall this week...I don't remember having so much snow since I was little.!
Am feeling better...Since New years day I was quite ill with vomiting. I couldnt seem to get warm at all. I managed to get to the Doctor On Tuesday who took blood tests. I tried to explain to him that I am really concerned about my general state of health. My energy levels are so much less than they were six months..even twelve months ago. I am lucky if I get more than 4 hours sleep per night and I am constantly cold all the time. Unfortunately the GP was not sympathetic and said the reason I wasnt feeling well was because of the cancer. Well I disagree completely with that statement as I feel there are more underlying problems. I managed to get him to take some blood so hopefully there will be an answer. Already I have found out that my thyroid is low so thats not helping things..fingers crossed!
Back to the snow. The roads are not too bad where we are although our close is quite icy..once you are on the main roads you are fine. Christopher was delighted to be off school all week although his school reopened this morning (one of two in the whole of Basingstoke). We have plenty of food in the house...but I was amazed at how people are panic buying and clearing shelves especially bread and milk. We are lucky to have a good village shop and an excellent butcher in our village. The butcher in particular is brilliant so went there today to fill the freezer...I am not driving in this weather!!. I am trying not to think about my scans next week..I hope that i will still be able to have them...with all this snow there is a possibility that they might be cancelled. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me that they don't
xxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hubby managed to get his PET Scan on tuesday to see if chemo has done the trick So hopefully you will get yours . Fingers crossed . Susan xxxx